I’m almost home!

My blood counts look good and my bone marrow ingraphment is strong… Dr. Moore says I should be able to go home next week! I know it’s still a ways away but I can barely wait for the day I can walk out of this room and not have to come back! I want to be home in the worst way. Mom and I talk about all the things we will
be able to do together and the friends I will be able to see. I’ve done better than most kids going through a bone marrow transplant. I’m lucky, the girl in the room next to me has been in here for over a year…that’s just crazy! I believe everyone’s prayers and love has really been a big help for me. I don’t think I could have done this without them! I’ll never forget being in here but I am going to put this all behind me as soon as I can! I’m looking forward to having my life back again. Its wierd how you don’t know how good something is until it’s taken away.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to I’m almost home!

1. Julie-Ann Forney says:

Dear Jack,
    Yes! That is fantastic news. I’m so so so happy for you and can’t wait to get the update that says you are going home or are AT home and playing with your brother and all your friends. It is true that you don’t really know to appreciate and love some things until you almost lose them (like our health). You have learned this lesson A LOT earlier in life than most people do, but eventually we all learn the same thing. Health is more valuable than gold – good health is the most precious thing and needs to be guarded and fought for more than anything else! Because you have learned this lesson so early in life you will surely be blessed with empathy, kindness and wisdom beyond your years. I will continue to pray for you my little friend. You, your brother & mom & dad are in my prayers.
    Kindest regards,
    JA

2. Anonymous says:

Jack,

You just continue your great attitude and your blood count will follow! We look forward to seeing your smiling face at home soon!

Love,
    Susan and Lee

3. Deanna, Al, Ryan and Aidan Sears says:

YES! We are so happy to hear that you are on the close side to going home & that the graft is growing so well. You have the best balanced attitude! We’ll keep all the good vibes coming your way.

-Aidan & fam :)

4. RaeAnn Evenstad says:

Hey Jack. We’re missing you and looking forward to when you can get home. Saw your Mom last week and she told me how she cooks for you each evening and spends the night. That’s pretty cool. We’re in Palos verdes today and it is the frequent overcast day here. Hope you’re getting all the sun! Can’t wait to visit you at home! Love RaeAnn and friends. Oh yes….and loving licks from Sweet Pea. ;-)

5. Anonymous says:

yur such a cuty pie

6. Anonymous says:

YOU ARE PEOPLES HERO CHEF ZAC
    Y DO U ALWAY WHERE A HAT

• Jack says:

When I don’t have any hair I wear a hat…but its all grown back now so I hardly ever wear one. When I am cooking for an event or doing a TV show I will wear my baseball cap backwards and my chefs coat…its my kind of like my trademark now :-)