I’m Home!!

Last Friday I left UCLA Medical Center after being there for 45 days! It was 35 days post transplant… super fast to be discharged after a procedure like that! I feel sooo lucky to have had a perfectly matched donor and tons of friends and family praying for me! I am determined to get strong and healthy as fast as I can. Being home and seeing my family all together again makes me so happy. I got to see my friend Sean and play at my house with him for the first time in over a month. I missed those simple things in life the most… I appreciate every moment now.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to I’m Home!!

1. Julie-Ann Forney says:

WOOO HOOOO!!!! FANTASTIC NEWS. I’m thrilled to bits for you Jack. Good job. Great attitude…. keep up the good work. Before you know it you will be having to get hair cuts again! I can’t wait to see you and get one of your cook books.
    All the very best wishes to you my friend.
    JA

2. Keith R. Bilo says:

Congratulations Jack! I’m so happy that everything went well for you during your stay in the hospital. I’ll be continuing to hope that you get stronger and healthier as the days go by. Best wishes for continued healing.

3. Bridget says:

Congratulations, Jack!! I’m so happy for you! Sorry I missed your last day at UCLA. I hope you visit on one of your clinic days in the future so we can see how great you’re doing!

Happy cooking!!

Take care,
    Nurse Bridget :)

4. The Sears Family says:

YEE-HAWW! We are so happy to read those words! Welcome home, Jack.

Love,

Ryan, Aidan, Deanna and Al

5. Glad you’re home.

I was just doing some research about a book I am writing about a young chef who had her own restaurant. Well, actually her dad had it. She had ALL, and just went off treatment in May 2011. Thank you and your parents for sharing your story.

6. Briana Cowgill says:

Welcome home jack!!!! Im so excited that you get to go home! I cant wait to see you, and get better soon!

Love, Briana

7. Emily says:

Hi Jack, Im glad you are back home. I’m happy to hear you’re glad to be home. You are so brave! I hope you get better quickly!

Love,
    Emily

8. Emily Levin says:

I cant wait to buy your cook book. I bet it’s great! I hope your having lots of fun at home!!! Get better soon.

Love, Emily

9. Anonymous says:

Hi Jack! So happy you have made it home! I will bring over the old cookbook “Joy of Cooking” for you soon. I preordered “Twist it Up” today and I can’t wait to see it! Sweet Pea sends licks.

Have you made panini sandwiches? My friend just sold me a Panini Grill for the top of the stove and I will start my experimenting. Let you know how it goes! Should be pretty easy for quick lunch or dinner. Say Hi to Josh for me and of course your Mom and Dad. Keep getting strong! And Hunter and Hayden wish you speedy recovery. Love Rae Ann

10. Rae Ann Evenstad says:

Not Anonymous, it’s me Rae Ann!!!!!

11. Ronia Waltl says:

Welcome Home!! Cant wait to see you!
    :)) Ronia

12. brenda says:

w2g jack keep it going some day u will b so famous….best of luck…